2 Day Gorilla Trek Rwanda
Best 2 Days Gorilla Tour Rwanda for Unforgettable Memories
Itinerary Overview: 2 Day Gorilla Trek Rwanda
Enjoy a 2 Days Gorilla tour Rwanda for a gorilla trekking experience in a 2 days 1 night tour. This 2 Day Gorilla trek Rwanda is a short Gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda to Volcanoes National Park.
This 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trek is a short Gorilla safari well customized for tourists who would want to have only a Gorilla trekking experience in Rwanda in the shortest time possible but not much exhausting like the 1 Day Gorilla tour.
2 Days Rwanda Gorilla safari itinerary is a perfect option for tourists already in Rwanda especially in Kigali or those arriving at the airport early morning on the first day and departing late evening the second day.
But wait, let me tell you something:
- Safari starts and ends in Kigali city or Kigali International Airport
- Gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park
- A maximum 1 hour will be spent with the mountain gorillas
- Transfers by a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Accommodation before and after trip in Kigali can be arranged on request at an extra cost
What you need to know
- Accommodation is provided as included
- Tour is available all year round
- Minimum age for tour is 15 years
- Gorilla permit is included in the cost (US$ 1500)
Itinerary Highlights: 2 Days Gorilla Tour Rwanda
- Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Volcanoes National Park.
- Day 2: Mountain Gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park and transfer back to Kigali
What’s the real story?:
Detailed Itinerary of the 2 Day Gorilla Trekking Rwanda
Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Volcanoes National Park.
Your 2 Days Gorilla tour in Rwanda will start with a pick up from your place of residence/ hotel or upon arrival at Kigali International Airport. After meeting and greeting, you then take the drive to Volcanoes National Park.
Depending on the time of arrival you may visit a few historical and traditional sites on a short Kigali city tour with a visit to places like the Kigali Genocide Memorial. After the city tour you have lunch and then embark on the drive North West of Rwanda to Volcanoes National Park.
The drive lasts about 2 hours spent going past the picturesque backdrop of Rwanda’s thousands of hills. By sunset, you arrive to the park and check in to a booked lodging facility.
Luxury: Mountain Gorilla View Lodge
Mid-range: Gorilla Solution Lodge
Budget: Da Vinci Gorilla Lodge
Meal Plan: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Mountain Gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park and transfer back to Kigali.
On day two after breakfast at your hotel, your allocated driver guide picks you up for a drive to the Volcanoes park headquarters. On arrival at the park headquarters you start with a gorilla trekking briefing by the park rangers on the dos and don’ts of Gorilla trekking in Rwanda.
During briefing, you are allocated a Gorilla family that you track with 7 other individuals alongside park guides. From the park headquarters, you go through the bamboo forest in search of the Mountain Gorillas.
Gorilla trekking may take about 2-4 hours to and from depending on where the Gorillas spent their previous night. However, only 1 hour (60 minutes) can be spent in the presence of the Mountain Gorillas.
After 1 hour in the presence of a Gorilla family, you trek back to the park headquarters where you meet the tour guide for a transfer back to Kigali city or Kigali International Airport
Meal Plan: Breakfast and Lunch
End of 2 Day Gorilla Trek Rwanda
- English speaking driver guide
- Entry fees and taxes including gorilla permit
- Safari van
- Water on board
- 1 night accommodation
- Any purchases of personal kind
- Any changes to the itinerary
- International flights and visas
- 4×4 safari land cruiser for luxury travelers
- 4×4 safari van for budget travelers
Safari Route: 2 Days Gorilla Tour Rwanda
You May Also Like
1 Day Gorilla trek Rwanda is the shortest Gorilla trekking tour in Rwanda lasting just one day starting and ending in Kigali city – This One Day Rwanda Gorilla tour