3 Day Bwindi Gorilla habituation Safari from Kigali
A Uganda 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla habituation Safari from Kigali Rwanda
Itinerary Overview: 3 Day Bwindi Gorilla Habituation from Kigali
This 3 Day Bwindi Gorilla habituation Safari from Kigali is a short Gorilla safari to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park starting from Kigali city in Rwanda. Gorilla habituation offers a 4 hours experience among a group of wild Gorillas that are not yet fully habituated within the Rushaga sector.
Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi forest are first habituated before they are introduced to Gorilla trekking tourists. The Gorilla habituation process where wild Gorillas are tamed to get used to human presence takes about two to three years. After habituation the Gorillas are tamed and can behave “normally” in the presence of a trekking group.
All habitats with Mountain Gorillas have fully habituated Gorillas unlike Bwindi Impenetrable National Park that has groups that are not fully habituated and therefore tourists can join for the habituation experience. Conservationists, researchers and rangers will take you through the habituation process.
A maximum of 4 hours spent in the presence of the Mountain Gorillas during habituation. This means more time with the Gorillas than trekking that offers maximum 1 hour. During this process, individuals get to know much more about Mountain Gorillas, behaviors and a lot about their lifestyle.
This habituation tour to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park from Kigali is suitable for tourists who would not want to take very many hours on a road drive. In Uganda, it takes about 8-9 hours from Entebbe International Airport unlike Kigali International Airport that takes about 4-5 hours.
But wait, let me tell you something:
- Safari starts with pick up and ends with drop off in Kigali Rwanda
- Gorilla habituation in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- 4 hours will be spent with the Mountain Gorillas
- Transfers will be by a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Accommodation before and after trip can be arranged on request at an extra cost
What you need to know
- Accommodation is provided as included
- Pack the right clothes
- Tour available all year round
- Minimum age for tour is 15 years
- Gorilla habituation permit is included in the cost (USD 1500.00 each)
Itinerary Highlights: 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Habituation Experience from Kigali
- Day #1: Road transfer from Kigali Rwanda to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – 3 Day Bwindi Gorilla Habituation Safari
- Day #2: Bwindi Gorilla habituation in Uganda
- Day #3: Return from Bwindi to Kigali city or Kigali International Airport for a departure flight end 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Habituation Adventure
What’s the real story?:
Detailed Itinerary: 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Habituation Experience Safari from Kigali
Day 1: Road transfer from Kigali Rwanda to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
From Kigali in Rwanda either from hotel or Kigali International Airport, a safari guide will pick you up for a drive to Uganda. The drive takes about 4-5 hours including crossing the border from Rwanda to Uganda. The drive offers very picturesque sightings of the surrounding landscapes. Arriving in the evening, you check in, have dinner and spend the night at a booked hotel.
Meal Plan: Lunch and Dinner
Luxury: Gorilla Valley Lodge
Mid-range: Rushaga Gorilla Camp
Budget: Nshongi Camp
Day #2: Bwindi Gorilla habituation in Uganda
Wake up very early on this day of your habituation experience, have breakfast at hotel and carry packed lunch. Your driver guide will ensure the drive to the Rushaga sector headquarter. Here you receive briefing on the dos and don’ts of Gorilla habituation in Bwindi.
You then head to the jungle to meet the Gorilla family that you will watch for four hours. During this time the rangers will tell you a lot about the group. After the 4 hour on the habituation experience, you then trek back to the park headquarters where you meet the guide for return to your hotel.
You stay at the previous hotel where you relax and have dinner.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day #3: Return from Bwindi to Kigali city or Kigali International Airport for a departure flight
On the last day of your trip, wake up early morning, have breakfast and then embark on a return drive to Kigali. The drive ends either in Kigali city at place of residence or to Kigali International Airport for a departure flight marking end of the safari.
Meal Plan: Breakfast and Lunch
End of 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Habituation Safari from Kigali
- Uganda gorilla habituation permit
- Accommodation & meals as indicated
- 4×4 safari vehicle
- A professional English speaking knowledgeable driver guide.
- Bottled drinking water on board
- International flights & Visas
- Any changes to the itinerary
- 4×4 safari land cruiser for luxury travelers
- 4×4 safari van for budget travelers
Safari Route: 3 Day Bwindi Gorilla habituation Experience Uganda from Kigali
You May Also Like
3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Habituation Experience Safari at Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Gorilla habituation offers a 4 hours experience.
4 Days Bwindi Gorilla Habituation Experience & Lake Bunyonyi tour is the best way of spending more time with Gorillas, later on relax at Lake Bunyonyi.