Gorilla Safari Destinations and Other Uganda Safari Parks
The Top Gorilla Safari Destinations; Bwindi Impenetrable, Mgahinga Gorilla and Volcanoes National Parks and Other Uganda Safari Parks; Murchison Falls, Kibale Forest, Queen Elizabeth, and Kidepo National Parks.
A safari to Uganda is awful in general though it becomes more magical if we take you through the top highlight of the country, the pearl is a fantastic place for honeymoon vacationists or holiday vacations. Kabira Gorilla Safaris is a locally based Tour and Travel Company proven and registered under Uganda Tourism Board that can help you plan your safari to the country with a guaranteed wilderness experience.
Top Gorilla Safari Destinations
The Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, Uganda is all you need to know about Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. here we give you the latest information on the attractions, activities, best time, location and accommodation facilities around the park.
The Volcanoes National Park (also known as Parc National des Volcans) is arguably the best place in the world to observe the critically endangered mountain gorilla. This is where Dian Fossey started the habituation of these gentle giants decades ago.
Why Uganda? – Winston Churchill a former British prime minister in 1907 penned down the statement that “For magnificence, for variety of form and color, for the profusion of brilliant life-bird, insect reptile, beast – for vast scale – Uganda is truly the pearl of Africa”, and more than a century later the statement still manifests. Uganda’s holiday destinations are thus worth visiting.
Uganda is notably one of the world’s most biodiverse countries, habituating 13 types of primates and 330 mammals, with six of which are found nowhere else, the country is home to over 1000 bird species and also encompasses the vast range of landscape that varies from Africa’s highest mountain ranges to the source of the world’s longest river, River Nile, and harbors the largest lake on the continent, Lake Victoria.
When it comes to a holiday safari to East Africa, Uganda is a wise and wonderful choice, though most people think of Tanzania and Kenya. Uganda is a better choice since the country offers one more thing that cannot be found in the other two countries, the mountain gorillas.
Major Gorilla Safari Destinations and Other Uganda Safari Parks
- Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – is located in the southwestern part of the country, home to mountain gorillas and the famous gorilla trekking.
- Murchison Falls National Park – located in western Uganda, the largest National Park in the country. The national park habituates great numbers of wildlife and is famous for its unique waterfalls.
- Kibale Forest National Park – famous as the primates’ capital of the world, the National Park is home to various primates though mainly chimpanzees are more thought of when you talk about the National Park.
- Queen Elizabeth National Park – the National Park is the second-largest in the country after Murchison Falls National Park. The best place to have a boat safari in Uganda and a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Kidepo Valley National Park – is one of the most beautiful parks in Africa, as voted by CNN. The National Park has been tipped as Uganda’s Masai Mara. The beautiful park has a variety of wildlife and wildlife enthusiasts shouldn’t miss this.
- Mgahinga Gorilla National Park – the best alternative for gorilla trekking in Uganda and perhaps the only place to see golden monkeys
- Lake Mburo National Park – the national park is one of the smallest in the country, however famous for the large numbers of zebra.
There are several other destinations to go on your holiday safari to Uganda including sites, Mountains, and lakes. Gorilla Safari Destinations list is just endless.