2 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda (Budget Friendly Gorilla Tour)
2-Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda from starting Kigali to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Itinerary Overview: 2 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda
2 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali is a short Gorilla trekking safari in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable National Park starting and ending in Kigali Rwanda. 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Bwindi Uganda rather than in Rwanda because of the low cost which is very affordable.
2-Day gorilla trekking Uganda starts and ends in Kigali city or Kigali International Airport for arrivals and departures. Unlike in Uganda where you cannot trek Gorillas and return to the airport, it is possible with Kigali since it’s nearer to the park.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is situated in southwestern Uganda close to the border with Rwanda. It is about 180 Km from Kigali International Airport with about 4 hours drive which are less than almost 9 hours from Entebbe International Airport to Bwindi.
But wait, let me tell you something:
- Safari starts and ends in Kigali city or Kigali International Airport (gorilla trekking uganda from Kigali-Rwanda)
- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- A maximum 1 hour will be spent with the mountain gorillas
- Transfers by a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Accommodation before and after trip in Kigali can be arranged on request at an extra cost
Things to consider before booking this tour
- Accommodation is provided as included
- Tour is available all year round
- Minimum age for tour is 15 years
- Gorilla permit is included in the cost (US$ 700)
Itinerary Highlights: 2 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda
- Day #1: Pick up and transfer from Kigali to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day #2: Bwindi Gorilla trekking and return to Kigali
What’s the real story?:
Detailed Itinerary: 2 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda
Day #1: Pick up and transfer from Kigali to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
From Kigali International Airport, your driver guide will be there for pick up. After the meeting, you will board the safari vehicle for the drive to Uganda. On the drive that takes about 4 hours, you cross the Rwanda-Uganda border and enjoy the scenic backdrop of the undulating hills covered in lush greenery. On arrival at the booked hotel/lodge, you check in, have dinner and rest through the night.
Accommodation will be allocated depending on the allocated sector for trekking in the park.
Meal Plan: Dinner
Day #2: Bwindi Gorilla trekking and return to Kigali
Wake up very early in the morning for breakfast and then be driven to the park headquarters for Gorilla trekking. It’s expected of you to be at the park headquarters by 8:00 am for a briefing from the park rangers.
During the briefing, the park rangers inform trekkers of the dos and don’ts of gorilla trekking. At this time, you are also allocated a gorilla family to trek. Each group is trekked by 8 people in most cases depending on the hiking ability.
You get to the very dense tropical jungle of Bwindi forest for a lifetime adventure. You spend about 2-6 hours or more trekking. However, a maximum of 1 hour is spent in the presence of the mountain gorillas watching the family and taking pictures.
After 60 minutes of watching the Gorillas, you then walk back to the park headquarters. Here you receive a congratulatory Gorilla trekking certificate. Following the event, you drive to a hotel for lunch and then continue to Kigali International Airport for drop-off.
Meal Plan: Breakfast and Lunch
End of the 2 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali
- English speaking driver guide
- Entry fees and taxes including gorilla permit
- Safari van
- Water on board
- 1 night accommodation
- Any purchases of personal kind
- Any changes to the itinerary
- International flights and visas
- 4×4 Safari land cruiser for Luxury travelers
- 4×4 Safari van for Budget travelers
Safari Route: 2 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda
You May Also Like
4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Bwindi isn’t only a short Uganda Gorilla trekking safari but double (2 times) Gorilla tracking experience.
3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda is the best short Gorilla trekking safari to Uganda’s Mgahinga Gorilla National Park.