2 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari from Kigali
A Short 2 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda from Kigali-Rwanda Itinerary
Itinerary Overview: 2 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari from Kigali
2 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari from Kigali is a short and interesting Gorilla tour to Uganda’s Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. Gorilla trekking in Mgahinga is much easier than in Bwindi and cheaper than Rwanda which makes it a better option.
Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is situated in south western Uganda very accessible from Rwanda. It is about 141 km from Kigali International Airport to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park with a road drive that takes about 3 hours 30 minutes.
This 2 Days Uganda Gorilla trek to Mgahinga from Kigali starts and ends in Kigali International Airport of Rwanda. This is so because the Kigali Airport is closer to the park compared to Uganda’s International Airport in Entebbe that is further.
From Kigali International Airport, you are transferred by an allocated tour guide, you trek the Gorillas the next day and return for drop off at Airport. This tour can also be started and ended in Kigali city.
But wait, let me tell you something:
- Safari starts and ends in Kigali city or Kigali International Airport
- Gorilla trekking in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- A maximum 1 hour will be spent with the Mountain Gorillas
- Transfers by a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Accommodation before and after trip in Kigali can be arranged on request at an extra cost
Things to consider before booking this tour
- Accommodation is provided as included
- Tour is available all year round
- Minimum age for tour is 15 years
- Gorilla permit is included in the cost (US$ 700)
Itinerary Highlights: 2 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari from Kigali
- Day #1: Arrival in Kigali and transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park – 2 Day Mgahinga Gorilla trip
- Day #2: Mountain Gorilla trekking and return to Kigali end of 2 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Tour
What’s the real story?:
Detailed Itinerary: 2 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari from Kigali
Day #1: Arrival in Kigali and transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
From Kigali International Airport or Kigali city your safari guide will be there at an agreed time for pick up. When you meet and greet, you board your safari vehicle then enjoy the drive to Uganda.
Driving past very beautiful landscapes you cross the Rwanda-Uganda border then continue to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. Arriving in the evening, you check in, have dinner and spend the night at an accommodation of your choice.
Meal Plan: Dinner
Luxury: Mount Gahinga Lodge
Mid-range: Lake Chahafi Resort
Budget: Golden Monkey Lodge
Day #2: Mountain Gorilla trekking and return to Kigali
On the second day of your 2 Days Uganda Gorilla tour to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, you go for Gorilla trekking. Be ready to have your breakfast early then be driven to the park headquarters for a briefing by 8:00 am.
After briefing on the gorilla trekking etiquette, the group of trekkers is guided by park rangers to the park in search of the Nyakagezi Gorilla family. Trekking in Mgahinga may take from 2-4 hours since the group is known to move within a short range and can be found in a short time.
After spending 1 hour seeing the Gorillas, you then walk back to the park headquarters. Here you receive a congratulatory Gorilla trekking certificate then after be driven for lunch and return to Kigali city or Kigali International Airport.
Meal Plan: Breakfast and Dinner
End of 2 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking tour Uganda from Kigali
- Uganda Gorilla trekking permit
- Accommodation & meals as indicated
- 4×4 safari vehicle
- A professional English speaking knowledgeable driver guide.
- Bottled drinking water on board
- International flights & Visas
- Any changes to the itinerary
- 4×4 Safari land cruiser for Luxury travelers
- 4×4 Safari van for Budget travelers
Safari Route: 2 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari from Kigali
You May Also Like
4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Bwindi isn’t only a short Uganda Gorilla trekking safari but double (2 times) Gorilla tracking experience.
3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda is the best short Gorilla trekking safari to Uganda’s Mgahinga Gorilla National Park.