3 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali
A Short 3 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari Itinerary from Kigali
Itinerary Overview: 3 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali
3 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali is one of the best short Gorilla safaris to Uganda; itinerary starting and ending in Rwanda. The Gorilla trekking package includes mountain Gorilla trekking at Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in south western Uganda.
3 Days Uganda Gorilla safari is actually very affordable and convenient for tourists arriving and departing by flight via Kigali International Airport. On arrival at the airport an allocated driver guide will be there for the pick-up then later ensure the transfer to Uganda.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is situated in south western Uganda close to the border with Rwanda. It is about 180 km from Kigali International Airport with about 4 hours’ drive which is less than the almost 9 hours from Entebbe International Airport to Bwindi.
Available all through the year, this 3 Days safari with arrival and departure in Kigali International Airport is convenient for tourists who can’t bear long road drives. Transfers from Kigali to Bwindi will be using a 4×4 safari vehicle.
But wait, let me tell you something:
- Safari starts and ends at Kigali International Airport
- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Uganda
- A maximum 1 hour will be spent with the Mountain Gorillas
- Transfers by a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Accommodation before and after trip in Kigali can be arranged on request at an extra cost
Things to consider before booking this tour
- Accommodation is provided as included
- Tour is available all year round
- Minimum age for tour is 15 years
- Gorilla permit is included in the cost (US$ 700)
Itinerary Highlights: 3 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali
- Day #1: Pick up and transfer from Kigali to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – 3 Days Gorilla trek via Kigali
- Day #2: Bwindi Mountain Gorilla trekking Experience
- Day #3: Return drive to Kigali International Airport for departure flight end of the 3 Days Gorilla Trekking from Kigali
What’s the real story?:
Detailed Itinerary: 3 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali
Day #1: Pick up and transfer from Kigali to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
From Kigali International Airport, your driver guide will be there for pick up. After meeting, you will board the safari vehicle for the drive to Uganda. On the drive that takes about 4 hours you cross the Rwanda-Uganda border and enjoy the scenic backdrop of the undulating hills covered in lush greenery. On arrival at the booked hotel/lodge, you check in, have dinner and rest through the night.
Accommodation will be allocated depending on the allocated sector for trekking in the park.
Meal Plan: Dinner
Day #2: Bwindi Mountain Gorilla trekking Experience
Be ready to wake up early in the morning for breakfast and then be driven to the park headquarters for Gorilla trekking. It’s expected of you to be at the park headquarters by 8:00 am for briefing from the park rangers.
During briefing, the park rangers inform trekkers of the dos and don’ts of Gorilla trekking. At this time, you are also allocated a Gorilla family to trek. Each group is trekked by 8 people in most cases depending on the hiking ability of an individual.
You get to the very dense tropical jungle of Bwindi forest for a lifetime adventure. Spend about 2-6 hours or more trekking/hiking/walking. However, a maximum 1 hour is spent in the presence of the Mountain Gorillas as individuals watch the family go about its daily life and take pictures.
After 1 hour (60 minutes) watching the Gorillas, you then walk back to the park headquarters. Here you receive a congratulatory Gorilla trekking certificate. Following the event, you drive to a hotel for late lunch and spend the evening at leisure.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day #3: Return drive to Kigali International Airport for departure flight
On the third day, have breakfast and then embark on the transfer back to Kigali International Airport. You cross the border back to Rwanda, have lunch in Kigali and then transfer to Kigali International Airport for a drop off.
Meal Plan: Breakfast and Lunch
End of 3 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali
- English speaking driver guide
- Entry fees and taxes including Gorilla permit
- Safari van
- Water on board
- Accommodation as indicated
- Any purchases of personal kind
- Any changes to the itinerary
- International flights and visas
- 4×4 Safari land cruiser for Luxury travelers
- 4×4 Safari van for Budget travelers
Safari Route: 3 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Safari from Kigali
You May Also Like
4 Days Double Gorilla Trekking Bwindi isn’t only a short Uganda Gorilla trekking safari but double (2 times) Gorilla tracking experience.
3 Days Mgahinga Gorilla Trekking Safari Uganda is the best short Gorilla trekking safari to Uganda’s Mgahinga Gorilla National Park.